Platforms for building an e-commerce site - what solutions are available?
There are many platforms on the market for building an e-commerce store. Some of them are free and easy to use. Their functionality is enough to create a simple online store. Others are complicated to use that meet even the most demanding needs. Which of them are worth being interested in?
Shopify is a platform that allows anyone to set up and run their online store. Webpages are created based on Drag & Drop - to move selected elements, just hold them with the mouse and drop them anywhere. Users can take advantage of many different themes and plugins and manage payments, deliveries, and advertising. The basic version of the tool costs $ 29 per month, while advanced Shopify costs $ 299.
Squarespace is, like Shopify, an eCommerce website design platform operating based on Drag & Drop. An intuitive mobile application has been integrated with the tool. It can be used by anyone, even people who have no idea about programming and designing websites. The cost of accessing the platform ranges from $ 12 to $ 40 per month, and there is also a free 14-day trial period.
Wix is an exciting tool for building online stores, recommended for small businesses. The platform has hundreds of professional templates and plugins and is also very easy to use. The Business Basic package price is PLN 60 per month, while the most extended version - Business VIP - costs PLN 120 per month.
In the list of the best e-commerce platforms, a WordPress tool could not be missing. The free CMS system for website development boasts a WooCommerce plugin that allows you to transform your website into a fully-fledged online store quickly. With the help of the platform, the seller can add product catalogs with descriptions, prices, and photos, promote the online store on the Internet, and manage sales, orders, payments, and deliveries. The most significant advantages of WooCommerce are intuitive service, many useful functions, easy positioning in terms of SEO, and efficient integration with Social Media. How much does the plug cost? The WooCommerce extension is free, as is the WordPress CMS system, but it is worth buying additional functions to use the full potential of this tool.
Why Choose WordPress WooCommerce?
Of the e-commerce platforms mentioned above, we recommend WooCommerce the most. Why? Here are a few essential arguments for setting up an online store on this platform:
- The WordPress platform is continuously evolving, and so is WooCommerce - an online store placed on it can be fully adapted to your needs, and if necessary, the user can count on extensive technical support;
- WordPress WooCommerce allows you to fully control your online store, from stock levels, through advertising and orders, to communicate with customers, returns, and complaints;
- WordPress WooCommerce is compatible with all major payment gateways;
- WordPress WooCommerce is very easy to use - the interface is clear and intuitive - the user can manage the owned websites within one administration panel;
- WordPress store owners can count on flexible shipping options to specific countries or even worldwide.