However, during this process, the body loses many mineral salts and water. These are elements necessary for countless biochemical processes in the body, the deficiency of which can prove very dangerous. In order to prevent such a situation, it is worth using balanced fluids and isotonic drinks.
Isotonic drinks - what they give to every athlete
Isotonic drinks are fluids which enable very fast replenishment of lost water, mineral salts, vitamins and electrolytes which are quickly lost by the body during an effort. They are intended primarily for athletes who lose a lot of sweat during endurance training. For example, cyclists, marathon runners, athletes or footballers. However, they can also be used in mountain hiking, which takes a lot of energy. Isotonic drinks with added carbohydrates will be the ideal solution here. See Crossthelimits.
- You can find different types of isotonic drinks on the market to take. These can be:powders; they are sold in a convenient form, which at any time can be dissolved in water and mixed obtaining an isotonic drink. It is quite cheap and has many nutrients. Self-preparation of such isotonic takes literally a few seconds.
- Prepared liquids; drinks already prepared for use without having to dissolve them in water. They are more expensive but more convenient.
What do isotonic drinks contain?
Isotonic drinks contain:
- Vitamins - most B vitamins and A,D,E and of course C
- Carbohydrates - a small amount of glucose is always useful during intensive exercise.
- Minerals - potassium, sodium, calcium, magnesium
- Supplements - thiamine or biotin